If you are intersted in a gps rear view mirror, and want to replace the factory rear view mirror with the new one, the first thing you need to consider about is which mounting bracket is suitable for your car. There are many brackets available now in the market, you can check them as below. For customers who are going to purchase our gps rear view mirror item#043C, or 050A, you can find a suitable mount for your car firstly.
Mounting brackets available for the gps rear view mirror.
Universal No.1 bracket:
Toyota - Camry/Reiz/Corolla/Previa/ Crown/Rav4/Prado
Ford – Mondeo/ Focus/ S-Max/ Cadillac 08 09 Escalade CTS 08 09
Mazda – Mazda 3, Mazda 5, Mazda 6
Buick – Regal, Park Avenue, La Crosse
Nissan – Bluebird, Sylphy, Livina, March, X-Trail, Teana, Qashqai
Mitsubish – Lancer, Outlander, Pajero, Lancer EX
Hyundai – IX35, IX30
Actually, the No.1 bracket can fit any cars, because it can be stuck on the windshield by UV adhesive.
Subaru: Forester, Legacy, Impreza, Outback
Honda: Accord, Civic, Odyssey 05, City 08, Fit, CRV, Spirior
Volkswagen: Passat, Bora 09, Jetta, Skoda, Santana, Tiguan, Touran, Phaeton, Magota, Golf, Polo, Lavida
Audi: A4, A8, A6, A3
Skoda: Superb, Fabia, Octavia, Fabis
GM: Excelle, Chevrolet Spark, Lova
Chevrolet: Epica, New Sail
Hyundai: Sonata, Elantra, Tucson, I30
MG: MG6, MG7
Kia: Cerato, Forte, Rio, Sportage, Soul
No.8 Bracket: Honda City
No.12 Bracket: Citroen, Peugeot
Most of Toyota, Ford, Nissan, Buick, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda
No.15 Bracket: Fait, EXT, Mercedes Benz E560
Please note that we did not list all suitable cars, there may some other cars which may not listed here, you can check your car’s bracket then check these pictures and see which is the same as yours, in case you can not find yours here, you can also use our universal No.1 bracket which can be stuck on the windshield by UV adhesive. If you have any questions, just feel free to contact us here.
The gps rear view mirror is available in the market for a long time. That will be cool if you have an aftermarket gps rearview mirror in the car, some people don’t know if the gps mirror can fit their car or not and don’t know how to install the rear view mirror gps in their vehicles, so we write this document with some details about installation and use for the gps rear view mirror.
At beginning you need to decide which kind of gps mirror do you want, there are 2 different types of gps rearview mirror, one is with a specific mounting bracket included together with the gps mirror device, the other model is not with a bracket because it’s clipped on your existing mirror for installation, if you don’t like to remove your original mirror, then the clipped-on model should be your best choice. Now let’s take a look at how to install a clip on model of gps rear view mirror. Let’s take this item for example, it’s one of the best seller in the market.
Firstly you need to fix the new mirror on the old rear view mirror, please note that the height of the original rear view mirror should between 60mm and 80mm, the room between the top of the rear view mirror and the top of the roof must be more than 10mm. If everything is ready, how to install it now?
Put the activity claw to fix on the top of the rearview mirror, and then pull down the console, so that a fixed claw stuck in the rearview mirror along. Then you can connect the power line with your car. There are a wired power cable 12V included in the package, the black wire should be connected to GND of car power, the red wire should be connected to DC 12V of car power, and the green wire should be connected to DC12V of car reversing power.
There are 3 RCA cables too.
Yellow RCA: Video input, connect to the reversed camera video line
White RCA: Audio-left output, connected to car speaker
Red RCA: Audio-right-output, connected to car speaker
After all connections, you can hide the power cable in the car so it’s invisble and looks great. By the way, there’s another power source, if you think it’s difficult to install the power cable, you can also use the cigarette lighter for power.
If you want the gps rear view mirorr automatically turn on once you start the car engine, just leave the on/off switch on, then the gps device can automatically work after you start the engine, and the bluetooth can also be set to automatically connect with your cell phone.
If you need a mounting bracket to fit the gps rearview mirror, you can tell the seller with your car info including car model and manufacture year, if possible, including a clear picture from the original rear view mirror would be the best. Then they can tell you which mounting bracket is suitable for your car, if you get the specific bracket for your car you can remove your existing mirror and mounting bracket and then put the new mounting bracket and mirror back to the position.
If you are interest to buy a after market toyota corolla dvd player with gps navigation system built-in, or already have the head unit but don’t know how to install it, here are some step by step instructions for your reference.
P.S. We highly suggest you install it by asking a professional mechanic, in case there’s any problems for incorrect operation, we’re not responsible for that.
Here is the original CD player and radio in the dash:
1. fistly, disassemble the right/left bottom trip strip
2. disassemble the left/right top trip strip near the factory corolla head unit
3. the below picture shows the effect aftering doing the above steps
4. take out the air outlet from the air conditioner, pay attention to the power plug behind it
5. unplug the power plug from the air outlet, then remove the air outlet
6. remove these 2 screws as marked
7. take out the display panel, pay attention to the back power cable
8. remove the 4 screws which is used to fix the original toyota corolla stereo, 2 at left and 2 at right
9. take out the air-conditioner control panel, there’s also a power cable at back
10. unplug the power cable and then take the a/c control panel out
11. pull the original toyota corolla radio head unit out.
12. unplug the original corolla radio cable and power cable
13. take out the original bracket which is used to fix the toyota corolla stereo
14. plug our power cable with the original power cable from the back of the corolla radio
15. plug the power cable from the other end with our toyota corolla dvd player, and connect radio cable, GPS antenna
16. here’s the efferct after connection of necessary cables for this toyota corolla dvd navigation unit.
17. then push the after market toyota corolla dvd gps navigation into the dashboard
18. fix screws and trip strips, that’s all, here is the after installation picture for 2 din toyota corolla dvdplayer with gps navigation.